COMMUNICATION FROM THE CHAIR
- Hon. Members, I welcome you to today’s sitting.
- Colleagues, I would like to strongly caution some of you on your conduct and decorum especially in as far as how you treat each other as Members of Parliament.
- I watched with disappointment a Television clip in which Hon. Naboth Namara the Member for Rubabo County publicly attacked the Honourable Minister for Science, Innovation and Technology; Dr Monica Musenero. How can a colleague attack and humiliate a colleague before TV cameras over a matter that is being handled in the House?
- This kind of behaviour is despicable and acceptable. I am cautioning you Members to treat each other with decorum and respect otherwise I will have to refer you to the Committee on Rules, Privileges and Discipline.
- Today, we shall not have matters of national importance due to the heavy order Paper that we have. We have a national obligation with the tax Bills that provide the ways and means of financing the budget which we must pass before we are caught by the statutory deadline.